Date of birth: 1951
- Jan. 2014-present: Deputy Governor, The Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Aug. 2013-Jan 2014: Vice Governor (Economic Affairs), The Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Oct. 2012-Aug.2013: Board member of the Middle East Bank, Iran
- 2007-2013: Research Deputy, and Director of Monetary and Financial Economics Department. Faculty of Economics, University of Tehran.
- 1998-2007: Vice Governor (Economic Affairs), the Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- 1990-1997: Research Deputy and Director of Graduate Studies Program, Faculty of Economics, University of Tehran.
- 1995-1997: Member of the Council of Economic Advisors to the president of the Islamic Republic of Iran (President Hashemi Rafsanjani.)
- 1984-2013: Active member of various graduate and undergraduate committees, Faculty of Economics, University of Tehran.
- March-August, 1994: Sabbatical leave –University of York, England.
- 1979-1983: Ph.D. in Economics, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
- 1977-1978: M.A. in Economics, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
- 1972-1976: B.A. in Cooperative Economics, University of Tehran. Iran
- 2004- Present: Professor, University of Tehran
- 1994-2003: Associate professor, University of Tehran
- 1984-1993: Assistant professor, University of Tehran
- 1982-1984: Lecturer, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Department of Economics
Courses taught over 30 years include:
- Price theory (U)
- Income theory (U)
- Money and banking (U)
- Monetary theory and policy (G)
- Macroeconomic theories (U, G)
- Advanced macroeconomic theories (I & II, Ph.D. level)
- Monetary theory (I &II, Ph.D. level)
Supervising more than 150 graduate student theses both at M.A. and Ph.D. levels at the University of Tehran, Islamic Azad University, University of Tarbiat Moddares, University of Mofid, University of Imam Sadegh
- 10 books in Farsi
- 40 research projects in various economics subjects
- 130 research papers in various academic journals (highly ranked)
- 50 papers presented in domestic and international seminars